Effective risk management is critical for companies of all sizes, especially for small businesses looking to navigate a competitive environment. One of the best and widely recognised frameworks for managing information security risks is ISO 27001.
This article explores the topics discussed in our recent ISO 27001 risk management webinar, including risk management strategies for your company and best practices to improve these strategies continually.
The facts in a nutshell
- ISO 27001 is a security standard that helps protect information assets by establishing an information security management system (ISMS).
- Risk management is a component of the ISO 27001 standard and aims to identify, assess, and treat risks in an ISMS through a consistent and repeatable risk management strategy.
- A good approach to risk management includes three components: a risk assessment process, a risk treatment plan, and review of residual risks.
- Different types of risks call for unique risk management strategies, including risk avoidance, risk reduction, risk transfer, risk retention and risk acceptance.
- Risk management is an ongoing process that must be maintained alongside the ISMS.
- To ensure successful risk management, companies should periodically re-evaluate their risk management strategies and develop new approaches to resolving underlying problems.
In this article
- What is ISO 27001 risk management?
- What are some of the risk management strategies that companies can adopt?
- What do you need to establish a strong risk management strategy?
- What are the best practices for ISO 27001 risk management?
- How can DataGuard support you with effective risk management strategies?