IT Security Officers are in demand in the labor market and can earn good money – provided they have the right skills and experience. The position is often confused with or mistakenly equated with Information Security Officers (ISOs) or even Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs).
But even though in smaller companies the ISO and IT Security Officer positions may well be held by the same person, the scope of activities are actually quite different. In case you missed it, we’ve already covered the job descriptions of a ISO and CISO in this article.
In this article
- The facts in a nutshell
- IT security vs. information security – who does what?
- Why do companies need IT Security Officers?
- What tasks does an IT Security Officer have?
- What qualifications does an IT Security Officer need to have?
- What salary can an IT Security Officer expect to make?
- Outsourcing the role of IT Security Officer – is that possible?